Monday, March 24, 2014

WHAT FILIPINOS LOVE ABOUT NOONTIME SHOWS



It’s Showtime!Eat Bulaga

    These have become part of every Filipino’s household. These two rival noontime shows are the craze of every Filipino. I bet my one week allowance from my husband that one would likely find the TV set of every Juan tuned in to either of these two noontime shows.
 
    My husband asked me one time while I was watching Showtime, “What’s in noontime shows that Filipinos love them?” I just ignored him and firmly held the remote control for fear that he would snatch it and switch the channel to BTV or NBA. But the question lingered in my mind and so goes this musing on noontime shows.

     There is just one answer to the question. Plain entertainment.
     Filipinos love to be entertained. They love to laugh. I guess this is part of the good- natured character of every Juan. We simply could not go through our days without our share of laughter and what better way to do this than to watch Vice Ganda make banters to others in the show or listen to the pick-up lines of the contestants in their segment “I am Pogay.” This may sound too shallow to others but at least, it helps lighten the load of worries in the daily life of every Juan.


No comments:

Post a Comment