Monday, March 24, 2014

THE PERKS OF HAVING A HUSBAND

 When I was still unmarried, I used to do things on my own, go to places on my own, eat whatever I want, blurt out my ideas to myself, and think only for my own interest. There were just too many of the stuffs that I used to do independently. I was only accountable to myself. Just I, me, and myself. I never had to worry of somebody getting hurt if I do this or that or not do this or that. But now that I am married, everything has changed.

Now, don’t get me wrong. This article is not about regretting getting married. In fact, this is supposed to highlight the benefits of having a husband as the title reflects.

For a newly married bride like me, having a husband is heaven as there is someone to cuddle with at night in bed. There is someone to whisper sweet nothings in my ears to ease away the blues of the day. There is someone to assure me that there will be another tomorrow after a long haggard day from work. There is someone to cook my meals as I never really cook. There is someone to massage my foot. There is someone to compliment my “early morning face.”
There is someone to give me allowance for the week. There is someone to listen to my endless rants of blah-blah-blahs. There is someone like a handyman to fix things for me. There is someone to hand me my things. There is someone to carry things for me. There is just someone in everything.

And that someone is not just somebody. He is my husband, a gift from God, to be my partner in every venture I would take in life. A husband who shall love me unconditionally. A husband who shall gently reprimand me for my stubborn ways. A husband who shall serve as my refuge in times of trials. A husband to temper my moods. I guess, these are just among the many perks of having a husband. So, for the single ladies out there what are you waiting for? GO, grab yourself a husband.(lols)

1 comment:

  1. ha ! ha ! lols. wish to meet him soon :) regards

    ReplyDelete